Are you or someone you know aged 11 - 19 and looking for a challenge? Then why not join our Community Improvers!
We're looking for new members between the ages of 11 - 19 who would like to work to improve the areas they live in and support Rykneld Homes to deliver projects in North East Derbyshire.
The Community Improvers:
- Attend a meeting every six weeks
- Look at submissions to the Neighbourhood Improvement Budget and give opinions on their likely impact on the community
- Attend training sessions to help learn new skills
- Help to teach elderly tenants how to use computers and mobile phones as part of the Intergenerational Training schemes
- Take a lead on Community Projects
- Go on trips and take part in activities through the Dreamscheme
- Help organise and take part in fundraising activities
- Get involved in decisions about changes to publicity material
- Volunteer to help at community events such as litterpicks and fun days
There is no limit to what the Community Improvers can achieve.
We want your ideas on how we can help you to improve your community!
For every meeting or community project you attend (community projects can be arranged by Rykneld Homes, local community groups, Youth Club or by YOU) you will earn Dreamscheme points.
WORK = POINTS = TRIPS
The Dreamscheme is an ongoing project linked to the Community Improvers Group, which allows young people to earn points by getting involved in community projects and one off activities, as well as decisions made about how we run our business.
For every Community Improvers Group meeting members attend, they will earn up to 20 Dreamscheme points. In addition to this, for each activity or project attended, Dreamscheme points are also earned. You can earn Dreamscheme points for getting involved in community projects organised by Rykneld Homes, local community groups, Youth Club or themselves.
All members of the Community Improvers Group are given a points card where all the points earned and spent will be noted.
WORK = anything that makes your community a better place
There is no limit to this – examples of the work that could be done to earn Dreamscheme points:
- Designing posters about safety or crime prevention
- Attendance of training such as First Aid
- Designing a logo for a community group
- Litterpicks or estate clean ups
- Helping elderly residents – such as clearing of snow
- Creation or maintenance of community gardens or allotments.