[Skip to content]

  • Rykneld Homes Facebook
  • Rykneld Homes Twitter
  • Rykneld Homes Twitter
Search our Site
Rykneld Homes
Ask Rykneld !.png

Ask Rykneld!

This page will aim to deal with the questions that you want answered!  We are inviting customers to send in their queries about our services - and we hope the answers will be useful to everyone.

Please ask us your questions using our form or by one of the contact methods listed at the bottom of this page.  To get the ball rolling, you can find some of the main questions we get asked below...

Ask Rykneld!
How would you like us to respond to you?

Q. How do I report a repair?

A. There are several ways you can report a repair.

  • For out of hours emergency repairs call our freephone number 08000 121 621 between 5pm and 8am. 
  • For all repairs you can call 01246 217670 or fill in an online form on our website www.rykneldhomes.org.uk and we will contact you to arrange an appointment.


Q. Can I apply to go on the housing register online?

A. No, however, a housing application form can be printed from the website or the Choice Move Team can post one out to applicants. They can be contacted on 01246 217670.

Q. Where can I find a Council Tax/Housing Benefit form?

A. There are a number of options for Completing these forms. The process is now done:

  • on-line by visiting www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk
  • over the telephone by calling 01246 231111
  • by one of the Council’s revenues staff – they can help you fill a form in online if you do not have access to the internet. Contact 01246 231111.


Q. I have children who are moving with me, at what age do they need their own bedroom?

A. In accordance with the Allocations and Lettings Policy no more than 2 children should share a room. A child up to the age of 10 years can share a bedroom with one other child of either sex. Children of the same sex can share a bedroom up to the age of 15 years.

Q. I fear I could become homeless, where and what can I do?

A. If you are urgently in need of accommodation, are threatened with becoming homeless in the next 28 days or need advice about your housing options in general, contact the North East Derbyshire District Council’s Housing Options Team on 01246 231111.  The team can also provide advice on staying in your home, for example, if you are having financial or relationship problems, are 16/17 years of age and trying to find accommodation or are suffering from harassment, illegal eviction or domestic violence.

Get in touch

Complete our online form

Call 01246 217670

Email us contactus@

Write to us Rykneld Homes Ltd, Pioneer House, Mill Lane, Wingerworth, Chesterfield
S42 6NG

Twitter @Rykneld_Homes

Facebook @RykneldHomes

Useful Links

There are no useful links to display.