People who are financially excluded might:
- Be unable to access affordable credit
- Not want or have difficulty obtaining a bank account
- Be at risk financially by not having home insurance
- Struggle to budget, manage money or plan ahead
- Not know how to make the most of their money.
People in this position are more likely to turn to an alternative credit market and pay higher levels on interest. This can only worsen the problem and cause further worry and financial difficulties.
The key aim of our Financial Inclusion Officer is to help people who are at risk of becoming financially excluded and prepare them for the future.
We are here to help you
These are some of the things our Financial Inclusion Officer can help with
- Claiming benefits including Universal Credit and housing benefit
- Welfare Benefit check to ensure you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to
- Organising finances, understanding priority bills and budgeting
- Energy advice
- Information on responsible borrowing
- Referral to other agencies who can also help
FREE Digital Skills Training
- Are you 18+ wanting help to use the internet to support your digital needs
- Digital Connect's digital training and learning support team is specially designed to support you in all your online needs via 121 or group sessions
- Improve your digital skills and your confidence with all aspects of the internet and online activities.
Get in touch with Digital Support now to find out where your local venue is and book your first session!