The skills they acquire could help them to:
- Gain valuable skills which could help when looking for paid employment
- Gain confidence
- Meet new people
- Go on to further training and education
- Become involved in helping us shape our services.
The types of work and skills opportunities we provide are:
Our training and development opportunities aim to give customers the knowledge and confidence to become involved in helping us shape our services.
The training and information we provide will:
- Be delivered in-house by staff or independent experts or through external training courses
- Be at no cost to you and we will pay your reasonable expenses
- You could meet new people, gain skills and confidence and help us to improve the services we provide, all at the same time.
To find out more about the training opportunities we provide, please contact the Community Involvement Team.
- Do you want to improve your job skills?
- Are you unemployed and registered with JobCentre Plus?
- Are you over 18?
- Are you a resident of North East Derbyshire?
If so, why not consider a Volunteer Placement with Rykneld Homes?
Our Volunteer Placements are for a period of up to eight weeks. They are for up to 30 hours per week but the times are flexible and can be tailored to meet your needs.
If you are claiming Job Seekers Allowance, the Job Centre will cover expenses associated with the placement, such as travel and childcare costs.
Volunteering means you will not receive payment for the work but you will gain important work skills that will look great on your CV. Rykneld Homes are a respected employer and will support you to gain the skills, experience and confidence you need to help you find work.
We will also give training in interview skills and help you to submit high quality application forms for employment.
Although you do not necessarily need to have experience in the area you would like to volunteer in, you need to be enthusiastic about improving your skills and making the most of the opportunity.
If you are at school and looking for a work experience placement, we can offer them for up to two weeks.
There are lots of different opportunities with various teams. Your work experience placement could be, for example:
- Customer Service
- Trade skills such as plumbing, joinery or electrical
- Tenancy Management
- Independent Living.
For more information, please contact us with your suggested dates and experience preferences.