The Community Involvement Team supports a range of local groups, initiatives and projects to make a difference in their community. One of the main issues that face local groups trying to arrange an event or project in their community is funding. There is a range of funding available for local groups but it is knowing where to look for the funding and how to access it. The Community Involvement Team offers a range of support to help your group make your project a success. They can:
- Provide their time and knowledge in helping your group to apply for a range of funding by supporting you with application writing
- Provide you with details of the Rykneld Homes Neighbourhood Improvement Budget and give guidance on whether your project meets the criteria
- They can help you with the promotion of your project
- They can provide their time and experience to help you to deliver your project including support with the arrangements, using their range of contacts to gain additional support, help with setting up the event, support during the event or project and evaluating the impact of the event/project on the local community.
As well as support you to access a range of funding from all over the county, including Lottery Funding, we also have a Neighbourhood Improvement Budget which groups can apply to.
Neighbourhood Improvement Budget
Do you have an idea about how to make a positive impact on your community?
If so, we may be able to help!
To apply for Neighbourhood Improvement Budget (NIB) funding, you will need to complete an application form and give details of your proposal, which will include all the costs.
Any groups wishing to apply for NIB funding have to meet certain criteria:
- Groups applying for funding need to have a constitution (we can support you with this if required)
- Funding will be available for projects that have been identified by the local community, which will help to fulfil Rykneld Homes' (and where appropriate, North East Derbyshire District Council's) vision
- Funding will only be available to groups who have clear aims and will be able to evidence the impact the funding has on their community, this information will be required on the application form and within the 'End of Funding Report'.
To view the full criteria for funding, please read our Neighbourhood Improvement Budget information, criteria and guidance notes. Within these notes, you will also be able to find out more about the application process so you know what you need to do and the steps we need to take before any funding is awarded.