From young families to the elderly, there are many households who will need additional help to reduce their fuel bills and increase the energy efficiency of their homes. Below are sources who can help with advice and payment help along with finding ways to reduce your energy consumption.
- Warmer Derby & Derbyshire offer free advice on energy saving, contact them on 0800 6771332. This is part of Marches Energy Agency who offer free advice on energy saving in your home, contact them on 0800 6771307 and find out more on the Marches Energy Agency website
- Derbyshire Healthy Homes Programme offers help to people with long term health conditions help with cold homes, contact them on 01629 536919 and find out more on the Derbyshire County Council Making Homes Healthier webpage
- Rural Action Derbyshire can provide energy advice, and signpost you services such as community oil buying schemes, help with the cost of heating oil and energy bills. Contact them on 01629 592970 and find out more on the Rural Action Derbyshire website.
National Energy Support and Advice
If you're finding it hard to keep up with energy payments or you're worried you won't be able to afford the energy you need this winter, you might be entitled to financial support.
- Energy Saving Trust provide resources to help reduce your energy bill and financial support related to heating your home. Find out more on the Energy Saving Trust website
- National Energy Action provide support to people who are struggling to heat their homes, open Monday to Friday 10:00am-12:00pm (noon). Contact them on 0800 304 7159 and find out more on the National Energy Action website
- EDF have some specific advice if they are your energy supplier and more general energy advice, you can find this on the EDF website
- Ofgem provides resources to help you understand your energy bills, you can find out more on the Ofgem website.