If you are in receipt of benefits or you are on a low income, you may be able to get help with your housing costs through either Universal Credit or Housing Benefit.

North East Derbyshire District is now a Universal Credit area however some people are still entitled to claim housing benefit for help with housing costs.

It is important to seek advice before you make a claim for benefits to ensure that you are claiming the correct benefit for your circumstances.

Here at Rykneld Homes we have a Financial Inclusion Officer who can help you with any queries that you have - the officer can be contacted using the details at the bottom of this page. 

You can also obtain advice external agencies such as;

Visit the GOV.UK website to find out how to claim

You can apply for housing benefit and council tax support with North East Derbyshire District Council.

Remember: If you claim help with your housing costs through Universal Credit you will need to make a separate claim for Council Tax Support through North East Derbyshire District Council.