The Electrical Condition Report checks the electrical installations in your home to:
- Help reduce the chance of electrical fires in your home
- Help reduce the chance of anyone getting an electric shock
- Help reduce the risk of electrical burns
- Identify immediate dangers and make them safe
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working properly
- Test your carbon monoxide detectors
- Check that all the hard wiring switches, sockets and fittings are safe and in good working order
- Check the consumer unit.
Keeping Your Appointment
Missed Electrical Condition Report appointments cost us £120. This money could be spent elsewhere.
We will inform you of your appointment by letter. It is important that you let us know as soon as possible if this appointment is not convenient so we can rearrange your appointment and give the original slot to someone else.
It is vital that you allow us access to your home to carry out these essential checks. By not allowing access, you are breaching the terms of your Tenancy Agreement. The Electrical Condition Report comes at no cost to you and offers peace of mind that the electrics in your home are safe and fit for continued use.