- Contact the Post Office to redirect mail to your new address
- Contact other organisations to let them know you have moved; these could include your employer, insurance companies, doctor, school, dentist, DVLA, Council Tax and Benefits Agencies
- Contact British Gas who provide the gas and electricity for all new tenants to inform them you are the new tenant. Look on an independent price comparison website for the best deal on your gas and electricity
- Arrange Household Contents Insurance for your personal possessions and furniture. We recommend you visit a price comparison website before making a decision
- Arrange for a qualified electrician or Gas Safe Registered engineer to install your cooker - use the Trusted Trader service
- Arrange for your phone to be connected
- Inform the TV Licensing Authority of your new address
- If you need some furniture for your property, you could visit the Ashgate Hospicecare Furniture Store in Chesterfield. They sell quality furniture at reasonable prices and you’d be helping a good cause too!
- Check the location of your stop tap, fuses and trip switches in your new home and ensure you are familiar with how to operate them in an emergency.
Once you have dealt with all this you can sit back and enjoy your new home!